A great evening was enjoyed by all...with the exception of your correspondent who unfortunately couldn't attend.
However I am extremely grateful to Denis for his summary
The first part of the evening was taken by Ray Butcher, who rehearsed some of the music for the July meeting. This was a very intensive session and went right up to the 8.00 pm refreshment break.
From 8.20 pm to 9.00 pm there were individual items, which included two excellent debuts by new members who play to a very high standard indeed.
- Dave Hampton played
Sarabande and Double from J S Bachs Partita No. 1 (BWV 1002) for Violin
- Steve Pearson played Bach's Prelude in D from the first 'cello suite.
- William Punter played the middle movement of El Decameron Negro by Leo Brouwer. A fine debut performance.
- Len Ivell played When I Fall in Love and Send in The Clowns.
- Tom Rimmer and Chris Wright (from Wealden) played two duets:- Minuet in G by Bach and Rondo from The Fairy Queen by Purcell.
- Jenny Wormald played Impromptu by Peter Nuttall.
- Wendy Ward and Marion Davis played a duet version of Ashokan Farewell.
- Marion then played a solo minuet by Brescianello.
- Rebecca Clifford played the first part of La Catedral by Barrios. A fine debut performance.
From 9.00 pm to 9.30 pm Ray ran a further ensemble session, culminating with a hilarious version of Ain't Misbehavin'.
No photos this time....probably just as well!