"What happened to the April meeting?"
- Ballad 1,2 and 4 (Nikita Kushkin ) performed by Rob Sellery
- Pavane (Faure) and The Entertainer (Scott Joplin) performed by Laria Libermann and Vince Chittenden
- Lob der Traäen (Schubert) performed by Christtine Dabrowa
- Cancion Del Emperador (Naravaez) performed by Tessa Protherde
- Goodbye Jade performed by Danny Kim
Solo pieces included
- Prelude and Dance from the Levantine Suite (Bogdanovich) performed by your correspondent
- Milonga De La Luna (Kindgren) and Barear Olles (Op 60) No (Kleynyans) performed by Steve Pearson
- Prelude BWV 998 (Bach) performed by Tessa Protherde
- Bluegrass Breakdown (Cottam) performed by Marion Davies
- Romance (Bartolli) performed by Vince Chittenden
- El Negrito (Lauro) and Scottish Choro (Villa Lobos) performed by Matt Burgass.
The clock is ticking for preparation for the Federation Guitar Societies AGM and under John Mann's able stewardship, we think we have the Joporo tamed! Unfortunately Rob Sellery couldn't be with us to check on the Trio and Minuet but Ray Butcher took over the reigns and steered us through extremely well. Hopefully Rob will also be impressed with us at the next meeting.
Ray also took us through some lovely South American ensemble pieces....well they were lovely until we got our hands on them- a couple of tricky high notes to deal with. We also had a go at the Nuttal piece 'Alta Vista', which should sound really good once we get the' thunderstorms and lightning' worked out...and if you don't know what that means then you better come to the next meeting.
Great night from everyone. Special thanks to Den for chairing the meeting and to John and
Ray. And a special thanks to Trevor for the refreshments.
See you in June!!